- Restaurant Camping Les Fontaines – Our onsite restaurant offers a range of traditional dishes in a family friendly environment on the swimming pool terrace of the campsite.
- Chez ma Cousine – Beautifully situated restaurant on the lakeside, located within walking distance of the campsites. This restaurant offers high quality food in a wonderful lakeside setting. There is a lovely terrace with tables just next to the lake and also a green grassy area for children to play on.
- Le balcon du lac – The 20-minute drive to get to this restaurant at the top of the Col de la Forclaz is well worth it. If you go up here on a sunny evening, you can enjoy the sunset over the lake from the terrace of the restaurant! The restaurant serves local cheesy dishes such as Tartiflette, Raclette and Fondue and some meat dishes and the prices are reasonable.
- Les Jardins du Taillefer– Located a 15 minute walk from the campsite, this very small, rustic family run vegetarian restaurant is a good option for vegetarians! The vegetables are grown on the families’ farm and the dishes are unique and interesting.
- L’Aquarama – This restaurant on the Angon side of the lake (10-minute drive from the campsites). The setting of this restaurant is beautiful, being on the lakeside and from here you can get beautiful sunsets. The food is a little on the pricey side but it is good food, with tables on the terrace by the lake..
- Refuge de Pré Vérel – If you want to get remote and completely off the grid up in the mountains, then this restaurant is a great pick! Located a 30mintue drive away in the direction of Col De la Forclaz and at the start of the La Tournette hiking trail, the refuge is a rustic mountain restaurant offering steaks and local dishes.
Top places for a drink:
- Le Confidential, Menthon – This restaurant (2à min drive) is a very small and intimate restaurant located in the village of Menthon. When you go here, it is not for the view or the location but it’s purely for the food. We have had numerous customers who have highly recommended this restaurant which is why we had to include it in the list. It is also highly rated in the region and is in the Michelin guide. Make sure you book well in advance as there are only a small number of tables in the restaurant.
– This bar/ restaurant, located in Duingt (10 min drive) is set in a beautiful location on the lake, with its own private, artificial sandy beach. The prices are expensive but it is worth it, especially for sunset!
Le Savoyard –
Talloires beach (10 min drive) – This is a cheaper alternative to Spinnaker. This casual bar has a wonderful backdrop on Talloires beach and is a great place to go with kids as there is a lovely grassy area that they can play on.
Chez ma Cousine –
In walking distance of the campsite, it is worth it here for its location!
La Plage à Doussard
– The snack bar at Doussard beach, also within walking distance, is a great place as it is located on the beach and so it provides a good play location for children. The views here are very nice especially in the evening.