Find all the latest news and information from our campsite in Doussard, on the doorsteps of Annecy and Albertville. Our top tips, events, ideas for days out, we tell you everything that you should not miss around the lake on your holiday to Lake Annecy.
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and well during this strange and unprecedented period of time and we would like to update you about our policies of postponement/ cancellation in light of the coronavirus.
Given the exceptional current situation with the COVID19 pandemic, we will be adapting our cancellation policy as best as we can in these difficult times. We understand your concerns and we want to be able to provide you with the best options to suit your circumstances.
We are a small family business created in 1983, we employ 8 people all year round and around 30 during the season. We like to provide the best customer service that we can and we are there to make your holiday the best it can be. We have been putting lots of investment into our campsites this winter and at La Ravoire we have been building a new restaurant, bar and terrace, building a completely new children’s playground and installing 4 new safari tents and at Les Fontaines we have installed 10 new safari tents.
Following the recommendations that we have received from the French Ministry of Health, and in order to help in the fight against the spread of the virus, we will be postponing the opening of Camping La Ravoire to May 20, 2020.
As the campsite will now be closed during this period, we can offer you the following possibilities:
- Postponement of your stay to later in the 2020 season (May 20 until September 20), without modification fees. You may need to pay the difference in price depending on the period chosen.
- Movement of your stay to the 2021 season. If it is not possible for you to reschedule your stay before September 20, 2020, without modification fees. (Your deposit will be transferred across directly and you can decide your dates of stay when it suits you)
- If you have already paid your total balance, we can refund you this and move your 20% deposit to a stay later in 2020 or for a stay in 2021
We will be sending out emails this week to all affected customers, however please bear with us during this busy time.
We do not yet have a Covid19 policy in place for stays taking place during this period, as at the moment we are planning to open for the 20 May and we are currently 2 months away from this opening date. We are currently following advice from the Federation of Campings in France, the French Government and industry leaders and are in a position where we are unable to process the movements or cancellation of stays between this period of time.
Currently being at 2 months before the opening date of May 20, we are at the moment too far away from these dates to be able to advise you and we need to first make arrangements with clients staying with us in May.
Please be rest assured that we will keep you updated on your options in the near future, as we assess how the situation with Covid19 evolves. If we are unable to open for these dates, we will review the situation and inform you of your options.
If you have any questions, please contact us (via email preferably) and we are available to you. We thank you for your understanding.
As with many other travel insurance companies worldwide, the extent of cover by Campez Couvert in relation to the Coronavirus is limited. They have informed us that you will be covered under the following circumstances:
1) If an insured member of the booking is affected by Covid-19 at the time of their departure on vacation, Campez Couvert will cover the consequences of their cancellation with the reimbursement of their stay, subject to the presentation of a medical certificate.
2) If Camping La Ravoire ou Les is affected by a containment measure by the government, either directly or by a restriction or prohibition of access to the site, Campez Couvert will reimburse the amount of the stay with the "Site Prohibition" guarantee which may 'exercise’ in the context of an epidemic.
The insurance company has informed us that if you booked before the outbreak of the coronavirus, depending on the exact reasons of your cancellation, you may be covered under this. You will, however need to check with Campez Couvert about your individual circumstances and whether they will cover you in your specific situation.
For those who have not taken out cancellation insurance, our usual cancelation policy currently stands for all stays after the 20/05/2020 (as detailed above, this may change in the future according to developments).
Up until 30 days before your stay, you can cancel your holiday with us – you will loose your 20% desposit, however if you have paid your balance you will receive a refund of 80% of the total holiday
Balances for holidays with us are due 1 month before your stay
If you cancel your reservation 15 days before your arrival:
· We would be unable to refund the entire total amount of the holiday
We hope that you understand our position during this difficult time for us all with this unprecedented situation. In the meantime, please be assured that our team will be trying our best to come to the best possible solutions for you.
Please take care and we will look forward to hopefully welcoming you for a relaxing stay in the Lake Annecy mountains very soon.
Damien and Olivier, Owners of Camping La Ravoire & Camping Les Fontaines
Declare a claim with Campez Couvert cancellation insurance: https://www.campez-couvert.com/pour-les-particuliers/annuler-interrompre-votre-sejour/
French Ministry of Health: https://www.santepubliquefrance.fr
Official information from the French government on the coronavirus: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
Information from the World Health Organization on the coronavirus: https://www.who.int/en/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
Camping La Ravoire are looking for an EXPEIRENCED, dynamic and enthusiastic Chef to work in the new onsite restaurant/ bar this summer from 1st May – 20TH September. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be creative and can use their ideas.
This post could be suitable for an experienced chef who would like to come and work for the summer and bring their family (family can stay with them in a mobile home and freely use the campsite facilities for the summer).
Create the menu in conjunction with the restaurant/bar manager and campsite management
Buying the ingredients
Prepare and Deliver the menu
Being responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen
Respect the rules of hygiene and food production
Doing an inventory of the kitchen
Hours of service - The service is evening only during the week and midday and evening at the weekend (in low season (May June and September, the hours will be more flexible)
- Salary € 2,500 from May to the end of September
- You must have trained and have experience as a chef
- Evening service only except weekends for lunch and dinner
- Pleasant working environment and accommodation on site; you can enjoy the camping facilities with your family
- This is a great challenge and development opportunity for someone dynamic because the restaurant is new!
To apply please send your CV & Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our new bar & restaurant for 2020 is under construction!